Girlgaze is looking for an experienced Sales & Business Development Manager to drive sales and revenue opportunities for the organization. Reporting into and working with our senior management team, you will be a key leader in a growing company, leading the sales function and process from start to finish, both in connection with the sale our of our online B2B membership subscription service (GG Network for Businesses), as well as other current (and future) products and services of Girlgaze including sponsorships and partnership sales.
Note: This is a contract position at the moment with the potential to transition to a full-time role. This position will be fully remote. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, but will be made up of both a base fee and commission.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain a healthy pipeline of new business - drive sales, aggressively expanding the customer base and generating new revenue; coordinate new business and sales efforts both outbound and inbound
- Working with senior management, develop, document and execute sales strategy and plans (monthly, quarterly, annual) and overall goals
- Lead in-person customer presentations including demos, and engage with prospects to bring in new deals; identify prospects; contact potential prospects from personally-generated research to build a robust sales pipeline
- Develop and implement a scalable sales process from prospecting/demand generation through contract execution, and optimize the sales process and practices on a regular basis (e.g., creating sales scripts, email templates, and reusable demo agendas; perfecting the stages of the sales process; understanding which features speak to which prospects; engaging in conversations around the sales cycle; identify key target customers, industries, etc.)
- Hire, train and lead a team of high-performing independent sales reps, SDR’s, Customer Success Reps, and Account Executives (as applicable and as the company grows) and other sales personnel (as appropriate)
- Lead the sales team reviewing pipelines, identifying obstacles, identifying opportunities, etc., and overall work to close deals
- Own the CRM (Hubspot) and leverage CRM data to construct, forecast, and manage sales activity and drive pipeline to meet sales targets and company goals, and report regularly to COO in order to inform overall company targets including providing sales reports and key metrics
- Work closely with senior management and other leadership to provide input on the growth of the business and align revenue strategy with overall company objectives
- Manage B2B client/customer relationships
- Coordinate with applicable internal terms with respect to the onboarding of B2B customers onto Girlgaze Network, as well as in connection with the production and delivery of assets in connection with other initiatives and campaigns, etc.
- Knowledge of the subscription/membership-based online platforms and business models, online software, media and similar businesses and underlying technology and research
- Excellent sales and business development skills (B2B enterprise and/or advertising/sponsorship/partnership) including the ability to create and build relationships; willingness to think outside the box and love to work in a fast paced environment
- Proven record of sales and business development successes and established relationships
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills; team oriented
- Highly proficient in Google suite (including Google Sheets and Slides), PowerPoint and Excel, as well as HubSpot and other CRMs and similar tools and software, as well as Trello
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- BS / BA degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of sales and/or business development experience
- Proven enterprise/b2b sales prospecting experience (especially in online businesses, advertising/sponsorships) is a plus.
- Dedicated and driven work ethic, excellent writing skills, comfortable making presentations, outstanding computer skills
Girlgaze is a multi-sided platform company built on a mission – to champion diversity, inclusion and representation across the creative industry. Girlgaze not only challenges companies, brands and other hirers across the creative industry to stand up and make solid, not momentary, long lasting commitments toward equality and respect, and elimination of biases, it provides an offering to help them do so. Through the power of Girlgaze’s innovative technology platform, the Girlgaze Network, Girlgaze connects its extraordinary, global, curated community of womxn and non-binary creative talent with the world’s best companies, brands and hirers, ultimately creating visibility and access to tangible jobs and opportunities, all while providing companies, brands and hirers across the creative industry a solution they need.
For more information about Girlgaze and the Girlgaze Network, please visit www.girlgaze.com. You can also follow Girlgaze (@girlgaze) on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. #girlgazenetwork
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying